Wednesday 22 October 2014

..a thousand words

I took three paintings to different artists and wanted to know their view on it based on quotes from the past. The artists are named Vov, Mink and Losp.



FIRST PAINTING



For Vov: "Either you run the day, or the day runs you" (Jim Rohn)

For Mink: "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why" (Mark Twain).

For Losp: "The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be" (Ralph Waldo Emerson).


SECOND PAINTING



For Vov: "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" (Anais Nin).

For Mink: "An unexamined life is not worth living" (Socrates).

For Losp: "The past is a ghost, the future a dream. All we ever have is now" (Bill Cosby).



THIRD PAINTING



For Vov: "Eighty percent of success is showing up" (Woody Allen).

For Mink: "Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear" (George Addair).

For Losp: "Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see" (Confucius).

If paintings were a value of something, who values these paintings? Do we brand ourselves first before a painting is valued at a high cost. Do we devalue does who are yet to brand themselves? Or do we just look at paintings because it was someone's great idea. A shapeless scene, an abstract reform of deformity. In Patrick's words, (The artist who drew the paintings), "I paint because I was born with paint, if paint do not exist, I will use my tears, if tears don't come, I will use my my blood. Because my ME is a picture of a thousand words". What is a picture of a thousand words worth to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment