Wednesday 18 February 2015

My Country!! My People!!



I weep for the liberty of my country when I see the rights of the people have been bartered for promises, I weep for my people who have sold their rights for tomorrow to enjoy the little grains of what these corrupt leaders have given to them for today. There are pockets of wealth in my country, mostly those pockets are in politicians pants. It's time for election, and everyone is screaming at the top of the voice,vote for me, 'I WILL DO THIS', 'I WILL DO THAT', I HAVE DONE THIS, I HAVE DONE THAT. And the people of the country can't see what you have done. The people need to understand how you are going to come about it. How you are going to achieve it? But we hear nothing, the same thing you said 4 years ago is the same thing we are hearing again.


In a country well governed (as they say), as the biggest economy in Africa, poverty is something we should be ashamed of. For me, the country is badly governed, its wealth is something we should be ashamed of. It's time for elections and they are here for promises, they sometimes don't understand the promises they make when they make them. Why give out phones, bags of rice, money during the time of election? Why can't you do the same when the people have voted for you? Why can't you give out these items to people in times of need? My people, don't forget the basic amenities of life hasn't been provided for you, how can they provide the secondary amenities?






They talk of electricity!! Since I was born, no improvement. They talk of security!!Our people are dying daily, and nothing is being done. No one ever won a battle by dying for his country, he won it by making the other poor person die for his country. If you keep them poor, and uneducated you will control them forever, this is what they do to us. Why are the politicians fighting so hard to get someone in that seat? My country where everyone wants a piece while we want peace. Why are the extremely rich trembling? They say there is so much patriotism dying for your country, but I think there is nothing more patriotic than living for your country.

My country is filled with trouble, who knows it better? But yet we believe!! I have learned that the country and the people all live in secret, the pain and suffering is a secret, the kindness and love, they are a secret. But for what is right, kindness and love can pay for pain and suffering. Lets hold hands and not sell our rights to these people, lets give our all and scream out with one voice to make this country great, to make our people heard, let's come together and love one another, inequality is what they want, it is what they choose, let's make a difference today.

No comments:

Post a Comment