Friday 28 November 2014

My environment!!!



My environment, a dump filled with greed, a piece of shit we do to ourselves and others, a war zone we till with our bare hands, but yet no shields while on the battle field. My environment, a disaster it has turned out to be because of the greed of you and I.  My romantic environment has been skinned off by me, by you, by us all. We only think of our today, but forget that our environment is one vital thing for our tomorrow. It entails our resources, but the greedy ones want it all to themselves, yet we cherish the greedy ones and not the environment. With so many beautiful homes around us, especially in the Lekki peninsula, of what use is it  when our environment isn't tolerable? Deforestation has become a norm, because the more greedy people want to acquire more lands to themselves, they want to build universities, they want to own companies and be a force to be reckoned with. But they forget my environment is enough to satisfy every man's needs.

The effect of what we do to our environment can't be overemphasized, because we know what we do to it, we truly don't care. Last week, at IBA parts of Lagos. I saw 10 men all are the same time urinating, at the same time!!. I wondered if it were a form of competition. My battery was flat, I couldn't take pictures, it was sad, it was embarrassing, that even as we can't do this in our homes, we tend to do this on our environment, forgetting that our first home is the environment. My environment is of great wonder and beauty which lies under my feet, and all around us. My environment is discovered in so many areas, ranging from fresh water, to the forests, to the heart of our trees, and even to the little drops of water. With all of these, we are able to see the beautiful creatures we are yet to give names to, or see. But humans (you, I, us) won't let that happen. It's wasted, it is meant for destruction, and all of these is to decrease its usefulness, and we all pray to prosper, while our environment is deteriorating.

I engaged myself in a discussion with some interesting philosopher, and I asked her, the first question, What impact do you want to leave the world? And she gave her answers, and then I asked her this question, Are there any causes you strongly believe in? And this was what she said,  I believe there are a lot of good causes, but one that is pretty high on my list is the environment. I want my daughter and grand-children, and great-grandchildren, and great-great-grand children (you get my drift) to enjoy this world, so we need to stop making a mess of it right now. We are too blind to realize that God wrote two books, but we are only familiar with one, which is the scripture, the second book is the creation. But his creation is being destroyed by his kids and we are all smiling about it.

This is what my environment has turned into, the greed of men has engaged so many into doing this, the question is what will happen in the future? My environment, is being destroyed, because no cost is paid to take care of it. I destroy my environment, you destroy my environment, and I hope it stops so that our children's children children will enjoy its benefits.

No comments:

Post a Comment