Monday 27 October 2014

...rareness is quality



I was 17 yrs of age working as a librarian at one of the Universities, as I never had the chance of going to school. I had been working there for 7 months, I read a lot and got acquainted with so many things, well, I thought I did. I loved reading, and wanted to know. But on this very day, a man walked into the library. He was not a student and I recognized he wasn't a professor who taught at the University.
He was in his late 60s. He got this book and he read it standing. I went to do the few things at the library and still walked passed the man and he was standing still reading the same book. I thought to myself, what could be really interesting about this book. No one is allowed to sit close to the book section, but I needed to offer him a sit. He was glad and when I took a glimpse of the book, I just knew after he had left, I was going to read it. 4 hrs later, he left, and oh my, it was my turn to read through it. I took the book, when I was less busy and read through. I read and kept reading, slept twice in the process and it all seemed so boring to me. I didn't and couldn't understand a thing, and just left the book where it was.

3 months later, the same old man walked in and I got pissed because he went for the same book and I wanted to figure out why and what was in it. And so after he did his thingy like the last time, standing while reading, I walked towards him and asked him. 'An interesting book you must be reading there' and he said, yes, he then held the page he was reading and said to me. 'Have you ever thought of doing something different? Living a different dream, in a different world entirely'? I couldn't understand him. He was more complicated than the book itself. And so he showed me a picture of a bottle. And in my head, all I was repeating was. 'THIS MAN CAME ALL THE WAY TO READ ABOUT A BOTTLE'..
He kept talking, but all I was concerned was the lady who always came to read and I was always there to stare. He gave me his address and told me when I find it, I should meet with him.

That very day, I waited for this girl, and she didn't show up. And I thought to myself, if she didn't show up, but this man did. Then my day must have been the worst of all. And so I came to a conclusion that everything happens for a reason.

A month later, I helped an old lady lift some heavy luggage, and took it to her apartment. She was glad, and when I was about to relax, because of the heavy thing I lifted, I saw the bottle staring at me. Oh, sorry, 8 of the same type of bottles staring at me.  Oh my, I talked to the lady and asked her if the bottle makes any meaning to her. And she said no, that her grand father, which I am sure if I were to guess his age, if he was alive, would be 235yrs of age. She gladly gave me these 8 bottles, and I looked for this really weird man who wanted these bottles. I saw him after a while, and I was given a check for 8 bottles. A check that if I had to work at the library for the next 3 yrs, I wouldn't have made such money.

What was interesting about that bottle? IF he could give me such a huge check, who was ready to pay heavily for that check?  I stayed around him for a year and learnt a lot. That bottle is one of the rarest in the world, which was made from resources like that used in making horse' shoes. I was shocked, as to how many times I tried breaking it, but it never broke. Inside the bottle, I seriously couldn't understand it, it was specially made with the rarest resources of our present time. I discovered myself, and decided it was time to stop staring at the beautiful girl who didn't have any interest in me, and followed my dream. And today, I have some rare items, which have made me known by people you would wish to know. I live my dream, I love it, and I experience a different world from what everyone sees and goes through.

No comments:

Post a Comment