Tuesday 17 March 2015

My Precious Garbage!!

Ever wondered how your waste can be someone's precious item. I have always wondered what people think of their waste, and how useful they can be. Our dumplings accounts for 100 million tons of global-warming pollution into the environment and tomorrow we will dump more. A very minute population are trying to reduce the amount of waste we dump, and also making good use of the waste as it remains precious to them. Our beautiful environment where people dine, go on romantic dates, have special moments on were created from dumps, but how is that possible is the question?

I got interested in someone's line of work in Kenya. What he does is simple, he gets used computers, laptops which has been disposed and as he mentioned, there are precious metals used in coupling them together. He gathers all the used computers and picks these metals, melts them and makes use of such metals for different purposes.












I met someone else who got interested in cow feces, each time he sees a cow feces, he gets happy. According to him, he talked about how such can be used as a form of biomass, and I couldn't understand how. What we see as waste, some are making good use of these resources. When there is not much house work to be done, I go to my bin. I sort out things that are useful and the things that are also useful for others, because nothing is useless. I have some persons who come by to get bottles, for what purpose, I have no idea, and I trailed them. I got to know why. Some were interested in iron, I wondered why, but I got to understand. How else can we sustain ourselves, when we transform nature into garbage, and hurt our tomorrow, why don't we transform our garbage and make it a natural habitat for us all. Like someone said, just because people throw it out and don't have any use for it doesn't mean it's garbage.

No comments:

Post a Comment