Tuesday 2 December 2014

..my inconsistent celebrity


Usain Bolt has become a king of consistency, he is successful because he wasn't only motivated, but because he was consistent in his motivation. And so have many celebrities who have given us goosebumps all through the past till date because of their consistency in motivation. They live to understand that it is the hallmark of the unimaginable. I am a fan of music, sports and books.
I became a fan because each person I loved all through became consistent, they became productive. Over the years, I have come across productive and consistent persons, celebrities, sportsmen. I have come across people who focused on their dreams and then killing their dreams because they do not find themselves productive anymore. Imitation has become a norm in the music industry, and the artists do not realize imitation is an art, because they tend to portray the same mistakes from those they are imitating. My once consistent artists that touched my heart, where are they? My once productive celebrity I craved to see, what went wrong?  




Sauce Kid: Sauce Kid also known as Sinzu, has given us some interesting songs from the past, and he came at a time where the music industry had just started to bring in interesting talents. Sinzu started his career interestingly, and we did think the rap industry was getting rather competent. But where is Sauce kid presently? Where is Sinzu? I saw him as a walking piece of an every day art, with his dreams and ambitions to inspire all around him. His music from the past touched a lot, some have been identified below.



Why do anything unless it is going to be great, why do nothing unless it is going to be nothing. Sinzu stopped singing, Sinzu stopped making all his enemies become his friends, and therefore made more enemies by stopping to release more music. When you become a force for one to believe in, and they believe what you believe, they turn you into a god, they worship you, and that makes you a celebrity. Sinzu became an unbeliever to his own self, a reckon to his world, a mishap to his dreams, an unproductive natural pain that is temporary, but this seems to last forever.


Shank: When I listen to my playlist, and I listen to Shank, I only listen to good music, and as Bob Marley said, 'when you listen to good music, and it hits you, you feel no pain'. That's what Shank is/was to me. I fell in love with his beautiful melodies telling me terrible things (terrible in a good way), he made music a work of art, and to that, I would give my heart, if I had any, but then he stopped.








Shank has been one of the most inconsistent artist of our time, and he does this inconsistency like his heart depended on it. His collaborations are crazy, he puts life into it, when he does it, he forgets the audience, he forgets the critics, forgets the techniques, he drinks in disarray and then speaks through his performance, but then he got lost. Where is Shank? Why has he stopped being consistent?

In my world of consistency, I expect to see a continuity of delivery of set standards, any mismatch would lead to a distrust. A list of musicians have become inconsistent in the past, and that has led to so many reasons I am unable to understand. Life is hard to explain, difficult to understand, but one still has life. And I wish I can understand their life, explain their difficulty, because as a fan, and a customer, I was ready as one of the many millions who would pay to keep their dreams up. But I don't expect you to do music to live, I expect that you live so that you do music.

No comments:

Post a Comment