Friday 5 December 2014

Giving!!!



My life has been a general mess from the start. Started school at a pretty young age, and I was not smart. I had no idea what they taught in class, gibberish was more like it. Even as I had no idea of what was said, I wanted to sell, I believed I could sell ice cream to an Eskimo. But I had to go through all these gibberish classes for a pretty long while, and I would get myself a job and begin to sell organisational products and services. Finally, I was done with the gibberish talks, and it was time to sell. I was ready, but I didn't have good grades, how would I be able to secure myself a job? 

I submitted my resumes to different organisations expecting a call, but got nothing. I received no rejection, no letters, nothing. Oh well, I just couldn't live anymore. I got tired. I visited Enugu for a wedding and a man saw me, he kept staring at me, and I thought I was going to be kidnapped. I was confused why a man would be staring at me so deeply. He stood up and walked to my direction, I peed myself out. He asked me if I was so-so persons son, and I said yes, he mentioned my dad's name and told me he knew I looked exactly like him. He wanted to know how I was, and I told him everything. He was amazed I had not been given any chance to work before, and he asked me to call him when I had the chance. I did, and I got my first job. Remember, I know nothing. I got my first job, and I felt great about it.

Two years later, I got tired of the job. The security wasn't what I expected, but each time, I felt like something was missing. On this very day, I got home and saw my next door neighbor for the first time, said hello to her and played with her kids. She looked at me and asked where I worked, told her I just resigned, and just because I said hello, she asked for my resume and I got a job, so easy.

I have been to several interviews in my life, and I have gone through different assessments and tests, I have failed them all. I don't know if my guardian angel is watching me but I believe in one thing, giving. My parents lived a life of giving. My mom gets up in the morning and she prepares dishes to people for no reason, she gives people dishes and I couldn't understand why. When I would love to eat my favorite meal prepared by my mom, when I expect it to be much, I see my mom taking it out and giving to people. My mom, my parents never gained anything from all this giving. But I am here reaping every damn thing. It wasn't about her giving, but about how much she loved to give. For in giving we receive, it isn't about pleasing yourself, or pleasing others, for when one is poor, they can only understand the luxury in giving. My bank of love today has never been bankrupt because of how my parents lived their lives because of what they did. I experience things happening in my life, and people call it a miracle, people call me testimony, I call it blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment