Saturday 22 November 2014

My Pain...Our struggle.,,



Just about when life was getting interesting. Just about when things were going good, dad left us. In 1999, dad died and mom became a widow. She became a single parent and as family would put it, mom killed dad. She performed traditional rites to proof she wasn't involved in an untimely death of my dad. I wonder how they know when it's someones time to die. But she did and nothing happened. A dad who died and was left with 3,000 naira as his savings (app. 20 dollars). Family wanted his little belongings, his uncomfortable chairs, his books, and everything he had. Oh, the poor man even had a small land which the government took from him. Mom decided that her four kids won't have to go to anyone for aid, and she decided to do it all herself.


She sent her kids to the best schools, and her kids were doing pretty well. Just when the first gained admission into the university, he fell ill and died. Mom lost her husband and became a widow, she lost a son, what do you call her? With so much pain and struggle, she felt she wouldn't give up, and continued to strive. In trying to explain to my religious mom that her son died because he was SS, she kept crying to God to change my sister's blood line to AA. She believes in miracles, and ever since my brother passed away, she believes that God will change my sis from SS to AA. I am typing this presently from the hospital as my sis lays on one of the mattresses of the hospital in crucial pain screaming help, and all I wish for is that the pain she bears be transferred to me.

In the event of so much pain, mom still kneels to the floor and believes God will answer her prayers (I hope he does). I for one believe in God, but there are ways in which God works. And that is how he expects us to understand life. My late dad served the country with all his might. I once heard a story that he caught 17 thieves in 3 days. And what did we get for that, nothing. I feel sorry for so many things happening in my life, and for my country. And I am only grateful because I am here to witness the pains of life. This is hell on earth, because hell in hell is totally different from all this. Someday, my family will live in true happiness, some day my mom's prayers will be answered, some day, I will live that life which I have always wanted. Someday seems never to come, but come someday when it does, I will look back with a tear on my left eye and say, it sure is a crazy ass world.

No comments:

Post a Comment