Monday 3 November 2014

Dressed in the wings of a saviour



Habeeb, a well known pronounced doctor who has surfaced the planet with his magical touch. He lives in a different planet of his mind alone. He has saved lives and has given so many people reasons to live. He is well respected, and everybody wished to be like him. He had a lot of followers, and people wanted to know how he became who and what he was. An interesting fellow in every corner. He was totally vast in everything, but how did he do it? Where did his wealth come from? How come he became ordinary in an extra ordinary way? 


A visit to his house was just a lovely sight of beauty entirely. He had extreme class, his swag was personal. They called him a personal swagger. But what made him special? 

Silently, as his name became a household name, he became a little god to the people. His wealth was worshiped but he forgot to realise that he was just a piece like every other who had lived the kind of life which has been forgotten by so many. 

I had an exam coming up and so I decided it was best to read in the school premise. It was best to read were students were, because it gives one motivation to read. And as much as I read, I got tired and decided to go back home at 4a.m. I saw some persons who were going in the same direction and we all headed to BDPA(Benin). We got there after a long walk, and some took different directions. I was with this very person who worshipped Habeeb. And after another 20 mins, I was just so much interested in sleeping. I thought to myself what else would be more important than sleeping right now. Well, this person who I took a walk with decided to take a look at the very huge house of Habeeb and said some day, "I will have a house like this". I always took my time staring at his house even before every other person knew who he was. We are neighbors after all, and so I became like every other who liked him. 

This person thought it was best to go through the back, and then I said bye to him. As I turned a step forward, I heard his voice say 'MY GOD'.. I ran to find out what was going on. Well, at that scene, I thought it was magical and at the same time so inhuman-like to act in such manner. 

We saw the wonderful Habeeb licking on used sanitary pads on heaped bin around our vicinity corner. At first we thought we were in dream mode and since it was a school environ, we couldn't believe the scene. We screamed out in despair, and people came from no where. Well, with the mentality of my people, they beat him to pieces. Those who worshipped him felt disappointed and felt it was best to beat him more till the police intervened.

Habeeb the dreadful successful man who so many wished to be like, the man who was dressed in the wings of a saviour, hurt by so many with his disguise. We were all perplexed and concluded on "how well do you know your neighbours".

No comments:

Post a Comment