Wednesday 29 October 2014

Destroyed dreams...



There are processes organisations follow during a recruitment process. They post ads online, newspapers, different vendors and people of diverse cultural background apply in hope that they would be contacted. And they wait....they wait...and they wait, and they keep waiting...
They loose hope, and apply to other organisations. Some of these organisations call, some are invited, and some gets the job, some don't. But these organisations who don't call, what process do they follow? What is wrong with their resumes? Why post ads online, newspapers, to let the public know, and yet no one is called? How do we know if people are actually being called? Absolutely no one. And so the process is done in a rather ridiculous manner. There are organisations you hear who do things like this, and according to some persons who work there, when you ask how they got the job, they say "IT'S THE LORDS DOING". But let's see and know why it is the lord's doing.

NIMASA: I have not heard an of anyone who has submitted their resumes and has been called for an interview. According to my source, the recruitment process is done in an undone way. Your resumes are not relevant. Who do you know? How powerful is this person? Just go there and I will call the DG, and it's done. Imagine how the senate presidents son in law will be interviewed in such a place. After all, he works there, but never submitted a resume, that is if he even has one. Ever wondered how and why the persons who work there do not give a clue as to how the process is done. We hear organisations going through different processes, but in NIMASA, it is totally absurd.

NEMA: Ever wondered why it happens with government parastatal? I have no idea. So does it mean the people who work in these organisations were introduced by some powerful person. Or the fact that I know someone, and that someone knows another someone who has got some power in them?
A friend of mine finished her NYSC program this year, and I had to explain to her about the labor market as she had no idea of what was going on. Grace wasn't concerned, and just as I didn't know her family so well, I just kept advising her, and begged her to try and apply to some organisations. When I saw some organisations vacancies, I would inform her, but I get a really nonchalant response from her. Then one very day, she called and told me to review her resume, I did, and I concluded that the main reason she was scared of applying was because she had a bad grade from the university (Third class). But does that stop her from applying or loosing hope in anyway? NO..Well, I thought I was doing her a favor by reviewing her resume, but I was only reviewing my eye sight. I noticed her references were people in power, and with no further story telling, she got a job at NEMA, with no interview, no aptitude tests, or whatsoever.

CUSTOMS: No matter how much you apply, or give out your resume to this so-called organisation, it is a waste of time, or as someone would say, it's the grace of GOD. If 1,000 persons are to be recruited in this organisation, 600 persons are from the president of nation Nigeria, and the rest 400 persons are from magical means. I may be saying the wrong things here, but if these people are supposed to serve us, why don't we get things the right way?

If everyone who knows someone in power, or if everyone who has gotten some form of jobs because of the people they know in power. It means 75% of the unemployed citizens are people who don't know anyone, because jobs will only come in their way by the grace of GOD. No one should give up, apply when they are available vacancies, and hope on GOD, just like everyone working in these organisations say.

No comments:

Post a Comment